Featured Not resolved
1.1
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Today, April 25th, 2018, I contacted ACT! / now Swiftpage because suddenly after using the database and calendar for 20 years, (seriously!), I could not access MY database at all. I had been "locked out" of my own database, which is on my laptop. I have updated the software program a few times over the past 20 years, and most recently in 2016, I purchased an update which cost about $200 or so.

A month ago I called the company to let them know I would not be renewing my subscription to their customer service and gave them clear reasons why: I did not need it because I am not syncing the program, nor do I need customer support as it had proven unhelpful previously, nor do I need any cloud-based services, etc. They charged me anyway, so, I had to call and get that reversed. One month afterwards, today, April 25th, 2018, I cannot access MY database.

So, I contacted customer support who informed me in an irritated manner that this is the way they roll. I asked for a Supervisor, but there was no Supervisor. Finally, I got a Manager of some sort who informed me that I HAD to pay $600 to unlock/access MY database because that was suddenly the cost to purchase the software. Seriously?! There was absolutely nothing else I could do if I wanted to get my information.

IMMEDIATELY, after giving them $600 via a credit card, I could see/access my own database on my laptop. How is it legal that they can control my personal data on my own computer AFTER I cancelled their services. Is this normal? I still had the software program but my data was locked. What Federal Agency would like to know about this?! Please advise...

Product or Service Mentioned: Swiftpage Act Crm Software.

Reason of review: extortionary tactics.

I didn't like: Dishonest and unreasonable communications.

Comments